You have been a boxer from an early age and while you have really enjoyed it for many years, you have become stale and seem to have fallen out of love with the sport. You had big hopes of maybe even turning professional one day with progression, but it just hasn’t worked out.
You need a new challenge and one within the fighting game as you like the nature of one against one combat and staying fit. With perfect timing you bump into an old sparring partner who suggests that you give Muay Thai in Reading a go.
Muay Thai, or Thai boxing, is a combat sport that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques. You are permitted to strike your opponent with a combination of fists, elbows, knees, and shins. This sounds like just what you need to reinvigorate your enthusiasm for the following reasons.
- There are many new skills and techniques to learn along with different training and fitness routines which will complement the ones you already possess. Even if you decide that Muay Thai isn’t the sport for you, it will guarantee that you will continue to get fitter, seeing an improvement to your health and cardio.
- Meeting new people and fellow enthusiasts will soon get you going again at one of the best UK facilities for MMA and Muay Thai where everyone is treated with the same respect, regardless of gender, or age, or ability.
- An academy run by a former world champion in kick boxing will ensure that a winning mentality is spread throughout the facility when working out in an infectious atmosphere. Training with winners is proven to breed success and ambition, with there being more chance of reaching higher standards than when working out in a conventional gym
- Continuing the skills already in your armoury such as discipline, respect, and self defence will be further enhanced.
- New friendships will be created which, along with a healthy body will lead to a healthy mind which is an excellent way of keeping your mental health in check.
- Using the latest specialised training equipment for Muay Thai will provide the best opportunity of progressing in the sport.
Heading to an academy where Muay Thai and other disciplines of MMA are trained is a perfect way to improve your physical and mental health in a safe environment while being trained by experts and former world champion fighters.